Stargate OC8000 and ix

Saul Lubkin lubkin at cs.rochester.edu
Thu Aug 30 05:47:16 AEST 1990

I have a Stargate OC8000 multiport board, and I need a driver for ISC
Unix 2.2.

The board is a dumb, eight port serial board.  ISC doesn't have a driver,
but they told me that they know  a working one exists.  Stargate told me
that they don't have a driver, but that drivers have been written, and are
included, with SCO Unix and SCO Xenix.

The board is very straightforward is its design.  It's obvious that any
driver that would work for any flavor of 386 Unix Sys V for this board,
should work for ISC -- including, I am sure, the SCO.

I would very much appreciate it, if someone would email (or uucp) a driver,
or indicate where it can be obtained.

					Sincerely yours,

					Saul Lubkin