Interactive 386/ix PC-INTERFACE questions

David Buonomo dnb at fltk.UUCP
Sun Aug 26 00:56:32 AEST 1990

I am considering purchasing Interactives 386/ix PC-INTERFACE.  My configuration
consists of 3 DOS based PC-clones along with a 80386 running ISC 386/ix.  All
the machines are equipped with 3c501 Ethernet cards from 3Com.  There is
currently no network OS installed and no requirement to do so.  I simply want
network access to the 386/ix box.  I would appreciate any insight into your
experiences with PC-INTERFACE in addition to answers to the following:

	Must I purchase any other software other than the DOS Bridge
	module for the DOS machines?

	Must I purchase any other software other than 386/ix TCP/IP for
	the 80386?

	Are there any unusual memory requirements for either the DOS
	machines or the 80386?

	Will PC-INTERFACE allow me to share hardware resources on the
	80386?

	Is remote login provided as part of the DOS Bridge?

Any comments about performance, administration, robustness, etc. would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

David Buonomo
...!uunet!fltk!dnb