Backups

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sun Feb 25 11:23:39 AEST 1990

In article <331 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
>Can someone help with this problem?  I am running ISC202 and have a
>wangtek tape.  I would like to be able to bring the system to a quiesent
>state (no logins, print spooler etc) and perform the backup and then back
>to normal.  I have played with using init 4 and then init 2 but the
>switch back to init 2 does more than I need.  Any ideas?

You could modify the /etc/rc2.d scripts so that they verify the
state that they are comming from (by parsing the output of who -r).
The scripts will be run in the initlevel that the system was at.  init
doesn't change the init level until the state change is complete (in other
words, until all the scripts have been run).