Blindingly fast disk I/O and problems with 1542 ans SCSI tape

Petri Alhola petri at digiw.UUCP
Sat Feb 17 06:53:07 AEST 1990

In article <73 at rylos.UUCP> dave at rylos.UUCP (David Mutterer) writes:

>I just installed a 7000 FASST2 on my 386 running 386/IX 2.0.2
>and using a ST-277N (seagate) that someone gave me. It works just
>fine... I have an ESDI controller as my primary drive and use the
>SCSI controller for a secondary drive.  Installation wasn't bad
>although the automated script didn't work for me... (I have a lot
>of things on this system they assume you don't) but 10 minutes of
>manual labor and it was up and running.
>
>And if anyone is interested, I'll be testing a Exabyte 8MM tape drive
>soon.

	Does this driver support ISC High petrformange disk driver
	( HPDD ) and soes it support SCSI tapes. I have used adaptec
	1542 controllers, but ihave had big problems with Archive
	150 M SCSI streamers. I have got always PANIC .. error code 17
	when i have used steamer . I am now looking some other
	solution for SCSI disc and tape.
	The problem with 1542 and Archive 2150S is not problem with
	only one unit , i have tested 5 diferent ones of 1540 / 1542
	three 210S`s and in many diferent computers.    .... And
	once i got it working, but then i sold controller ... !.
	The problem is not with SCSI id , not with parity .

 	Petri Alhola
	petri at digiw.fi