ATI VGA Wonder on ISC

Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com
Thu Feb 15 10:58:14 AEST 1990

I have an ATI VGA wonder card and can't seem to get it working
with ISC X11 1.1 in the 800 X 600 mode. It works fine in VGA
and PANVGA modes. When I try the 800 X 600 mode, I get snow on the
top of my monitor. I have a multi sync that can handle 1024 X 780
and I have never had any problems with the 800 X 600 mode in DOS.
I tried all the configurations I could think of, but it did not help.
I spoke to tech support in Holis and they said turn off the auto switch mode.
I couldn't find one so I called ATI. They said none existed and to set
the monitor type to PS/2 color. This didn't work either. I called ISC in CA
and they told me to set the card to 8 bit mode. This didn't work so
maybe sombody here knows how to get it working. If you have any ideas,
please let me know. Thanks.
                                Dante

dante_a_nicolello at cup.portal.com