(N)TROFF for ESIX - I need it!

John Chambers jc at minya.UUCP
Mon Feb 19 23:11:00 AEST 1990

In article <480 at ssc.UUCP>, fyl at ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
> In article <550 at tmiuv0.uucp>, rick at tmiuv0.uucp writes:
> They have an enhanced version of troff (yes, you can play with it like
> regular ditroff too) called Leverage.  They sell it along with either a
> PostScript or HP Lazerjet driver.  The HP driver is jetroff.

Which reminds me:  I've seen ditroff on some Unix systems, and not on
others.  Does anyone know where it originates?  It seems like a good
program, when it's present.

One of the things that sorta surprised me was that this Esix system
came without nroff/troff.  Maybe I'm showing my naivete, but its the
first (of quite a large number) of Unix systems that lacked them.
Sure would be nice to be able to format the documents for pathalias,
smail, and all those other things I'm adding in.

Next, I suppose I'll see a Unix system without cc or make or sh or...

--
John Chambers ...!{harvard,ima,mit-eddie}!minya!jc

[Sorry, no clever saying today.]