ESIX questions

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.UUCP
Sat Feb 10 06:03:57 AEST 1990

In article <7904 at lindy.Stanford.EDU> phil at lindy.Stanford.EDU (Phillip Lee) writes:
>	I have couple of questions concerning with ESIX and I wonder if
>anyone out there would have experience/answer to them.
>	1) Which 1:1 RLL controller is supported on ESIX rev C ?

We officaly do not support any RRL controlers. We do know that some people
are using the RRL WD1006 and some are using the Adaptec. We have not tested
these with enough diffrent brand and type of drives to give them support.

>	   Is it possible to have a MFM and a RLL controller on ESIX ?

The only combinations of drive controllers that work with ESIX are:
SCSI with st506 and SCSI with ESDI.

>	2) I know that Orchid Prodesigner 512K at 1024x768 is supported on
>	        ESIX but does it run on interlace or non interlaced mode ?

We support both interlaced and non-interlaced with this card.

>	3) Can I have both V-7 VRAM at 800x600 and an Orchid Prodesigner at
>		1024x768 on the same system with ESIX X window ?

We do NOT support two vidio cards in one system.

>	   Does ESIX X window support any res at 256 colors ?

256 color X is being worked on, but if it is too slow on non-smart vidio
cards it may not see a production.

For a compleate Compatibility list you can call ESIX sales at
(415) 683-ESIX

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V A Division Everex Systems Inc.
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705