Help with WordPerfect under Vp/ix !

egray at fthood.UUCP egray at fthood.UUCP
Fri Feb 16 21:40:16 AEST 1990

Howdy netlanders... Wasn't there a thread on this a few weeks back?

I'm having problems with running WordPerfect 5.1 under Vp/ix 1.1 on a
Dell 325 running Dell Unix 1.0.2 (ISC 2.0.2).  When I execute the
program, I get the opening screen with the message:

	Can't find WP.FIL file

Then the screen freezes... it doesn't ask for a new path.  The only way
out is the "three fingered salute" (CTRL-ALT-DEL).

This occurs when I'm CD'ed into the WP51 directory where the WP.FIL is
located (and where the setup file says it is).  The WP{WP}.SET file
apparently has nothing to do with it....I don't even think it gets read
in before it locks up.

I have tried putting the WP51 directory on both a mounted DOS partition
and a Unix partition.... no difference.

Anyone else found/fixed this one?

Emmet P. Gray				US Army, HQ III Corps & Fort Hood
...!uunet!uiucuxc!fthood!egray		Attn: AFZF-DE-ENV
fthood!egray at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu		Directorate of Engineering & Housing
					Environmental Management Office
					Fort Hood, TX 76544-5057