Multiple X users on a 386

Jeff Spindler uhclem at anet.ann-arbor.mi.us
Thu Feb 15 07:01:41 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb13.175556.5753 at aqdata.uucp>sullivan at aqdata.uucp (Michael T. Sullivan) writes:
> Can you hook up another monitor and keyboard to the 386?

I have a similar question I was about to post.  I want to drive 5 monitors
with touchscreens from the same AT-bus 386 system, VGA resolution.  No
keyboards.  Processing load is pretty light - only one human is sitting in
the middle of all these screens.  Simple graphics.

Do I want to do this with X-Windows?  What kind of hardware setup should I
figure on?  X-Windows terminals?  Multiple video cards?

I've used some dBus Orchid cards under DOS, but they are only EGA, and seem
to have a dwindling future.
--
Jeff Spindler uhclem at anet.ann-arbor.mi.us | A little less Minimalism, please.
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!           | Juan Valdez, get your stinking ass