Newburry Data Harddisks

Tom Friedel tpf at jdyx.UUCP
Fri Feb 9 12:45:43 AEST 1990

blitter at ele.tue.nl (Paul, Raymond & Tonnie) writes:

>Could anyone please comment on Newburry Data harddisks?

I have 2 newbury 4380s drives.  I am using a Future Domain
TMC-881 controller and version 1.1 of the Future Domain 386/ix
drivers.  I also have an Archive 2150S tape drive.  Version 1.2
is out and includes tape retentioning software, but I have no
problems with 1.1.

Newbury, I understand, is no longer in business, but I was told
a company called Daisy Drives would honor the warranty.

The drives are very fast (and VERY noisy).  For me they have worked
very well.  Future Domain's disk drivers, which I understand will
be reincorporated into the next release of 386/ix are very fast.
I would like to benchmark them against any other setups if someone
would recommend a good test.

tom jdyx!tpf (404) 320-7624 bbs: (404) 321-5020