NFS directory mounting

Stan Voket asv at gaboon.UUCP
Wed Feb 7 14:16:27 AEST 1990

When setting up NFS ( 386ix) with the sysadm scripts, the exportnfs
menu selection lists available file systems for exporting and
complains if a directory is entered instead of a filesystem name.
When I enter a directory ( not a file system) in /etc/exports, mount
will complain and not mount it.  The manual example says that one may
export and mount /usr/bin but the scripts will only accept /usr (a
file system).

I'd like to export /u/local on one machine and mount it to /usr/local.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance!