Latest driver version for Bell ACE serial board?

Karl Lehenbauer karl at ficc.uu.net
Wed Feb 14 04:06:25 AEST 1990

In article <1190 at pmafire.UUCP> dave at pmafire.UUCP (Dave Remien) writes:
>Anybody out there have a UNIX V.386 driver for the Bell ACE board thats
>newer than 0.7 Beta?  Any idea how to get hold of such a beast??

I got 1.0 from Intel, 1-800-INTEL4U, I believe.  It still did not stop
the occasional hangs we were having on the card.

What is weird, though, is that since we replaced our WD ST-506 interface and
dual Miniscribe 72 MB drives with a Maxtor 8760 (660 MB or so formatted,
15 Mbps) and a WD1007-VSE2 controller about a week and a half ago, the ACE
board has not hung even one time.  It used to hang once every day or two.
--
-- uunet!ficc!karl "...as long as there is a Legion of super-Heroes,
   uunet!sugar!karl       all else can surely be made right."   -- Sensor Girl