Help building GNU emacs 18.55

Doug djs at nimbus3.UUCP
Mon Feb 5 06:49:45 AEST 1990

I've been trying to build GNU emacs 18.55 on an AT&T 6386 running
System V/386 Release 3.2.2.  In config.h I used m-intel386.h and
s-usg5-3.h.  In s-usg5-3.h, I defined HAVE_PTYS and SYSV_PTYS since
the system seems to have them.

During the build, the compile dies in sysdep.c because
the include file <sys/sioctl.h> does not exist.
I commented out the include line as suggested by
a comment in sysdep.c.  After doing that, the compile dies because
it does not know the size of a struct named tchar.

Also, I thought that I read a bug report that
said that one of the source files needs to be built without the
optimizer on or the resulting emacs will dump core.

If anyone knows what the proper defines are to make this work and
which file should not be compiled with the optimizer, I
would really appreciate the information.
--
Doug Scofea   Email: osu-cis!nimbus3!djs   Phone:(614) 794-2853