Blindingly fast disk I/O

Brad Staff bjstaff at zds-ux.UUCP
Wed Feb 7 07:02:08 AEST 1990

Hi all:

I'm looking for the fastest disk I/O possible under 386 UN*X on a 386 AT.
Some people seem to like ESDI, others seem to like SCSI.  I'm not really
religious about it; I want to get what goes fastest.

If you could buy any ESDI controller, which one would you buy?
If you could buy any ESDI disk drive, which one would you buy?

If you could buy any SCSI controller, which one would you buy?
If you could buy any SCSI disk drive, which one would you buy?

I'm really not trying to start a net.argument, so please respond via email.

Brad Staff
Zenith Data Systems
uunet!zds-ux!bjstaff