X problem with 386ix 2.0.2 and mono VGA screen

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Sun Feb 25 01:44:45 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb19.195600.7778 at hcr.uucp> jeff at hcr.uucp (Jeffrey Roberts) writes:
]When 'X' is started up from any virtual terminal, ie: console, vt01 etc..
]'X' starts up with no problem.  If I switch to another virtual terminal
]I can see the cursor but nothing else, ie: any characters that I type
]are invisible.

	This happens with any mono vga monitor.  I understand it is a
	bug in the VGA drivers.  Quickest way to get around it that I have
	found is to run VPIX from a blanked out virtual console.  This
	seems to re-initialize the vga card.

-randy

--
Randy Suess