Using UUCP under a BBS system???

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Feb 28 02:17:17 AEST 1990

> The "problem" is that many of us (new to unix) folks neither know what, where,
> or HOW to "hack," nor do we WANT to. And, if I may be so bold to make a
> prediction, as more and more "illiterati" join the ranks of 386-owning, *IX-
> running system administrators, the demand for hackless uucp-capable, news-
> reading bulletin board systems will increase sharply....as will the desire
> to provide them.

So what you're saying is that there's a market for small, friendly, bbs-
compatible programs like editors, mail readers, and so on. One of these
days I'll get the Sugarland UNIX software into shape.

But that really doesn't explain why none of the existing UNIX-based BBS
programs make more than a token attempt to be well-integrated with UNIX.

Which is, after all, the point.
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.
/      \