SCSI drive adapter advice wanted

neese at adaptex.UUCP neese at adaptex.UUCP
Wed Feb 21 06:50:00 AEST 1990

>> I am looking for experiences/advice on the selection of a SCSI drive adapter
>> to use on my 386. I currently have a WD1006(?) MFM controller w/ a Micropolis
>> 1325 drive, running DOS and ESIX.
>>
>> I am considering one of the following:
>>     Seagate,
>>     Future Domain
>>     Adaptec
>> SCSI adapter to use as the controller for additional hard disks.
>
>I have the Seagate ST-02 SCSI host adaptor and the ST296N drive
>running only DOS at the moment.  I haven't purchased any version of
>Unix yet, because I haven't figured out who supports the ST-02.
>According to the ESIX documentation, they only support the Adaptec.
> <STUFF DELETED>

The 154x adapter is supported by SCO, ISC and now ESIX.  I understand that
there are other UNIX's that are adding support for the 154x in thier
implementation as well.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer
			UUCP @ {texbell,attctc}!cpe!adaptex!neese
				merch!adaptex!neese
				uunet!swbatl!texbell!merch!adaptex!neese