Help building GNU emacs 18.55

Edward N. Kittlitz kittlitz at granite.cr.bull.com
Sat Feb 10 04:24:44 AEST 1990

I had a problem similar to 4 with my ESIX (V.3.2 derivative).
I think the problem is in keyboard.c, where it is trying to read
process output. The system calls (don't have source in front of me)
which are trying to determine whether or not there is a character
available are returning 0 characters available. My shell was working
because a command like "echo foo > /tmp/test" created the file.
I fiddled the code to lie under some circumstances, and the output
started arriving.

On a similar note, am I way out in left field or what? in process.c,
it seems that system V code ends up trying to open the same
device for child and parent. can't remember which is which, but
it gets a name like /dev/ttyp0 and uses that both ways. I fiddled
and got the child to open the other end (/dev/ptyp0), and it
worked.

Hoping I'm not fibbing because I'm not looking at source...