BellTech Tape Controllers (was Re: unlimited vs. 1-2 users)

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
Wed Feb 7 20:26:44 AEST 1990

In article <983 at fiver.UUCP> palowoda at fiver.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:
>  I can't speak for John, but if there was any truth that they did
>hardware changes to their tape drive so that it only works with
>there driver software, it enough to put him at the bottom of the
>totem pole.

I've got a small collection (2-3) of these controller cards.  Except for
one PAL they are _exactly_ the "standard" (around here, anyway) QIC-02
controler card, the Everex 811B.  I have them in a box marked "Bell Tech
Tape Controller Cards (JUNK)."

kEITHe