heretical SCO Open Desktop question

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Mon Feb 19 09:41:03 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb18.032549.13220 at pcrat.uucp> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>I would guess that Open Look will arrive on SCO with SVR4.  Its
>the same story at INTERACTIVE.  To get it today, I think you have
>to switch to AT&T's X; something I've had to seriously consider myself.

Er, unless I'm missing something, I don't see what is so unique about
Open Desktop or any other 386 X11 implementation that you couldn't take
the freely-available "XView" toolkit and window manager (part of X11R4's
contributed software) and build it.  As far as I know, it only requires
a working Xlib library--it doesn't use the Xt intrinsics, unlike AT&T's
Open Look.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer