vp/ix bug in ISC 2.0.2 Unix

Gerry Gleason gerry at zds-ux.UUCP
Wed Feb 21 07:24:43 AEST 1990

In article <1403 at chansw.UUCP> chan at chansw.UUCP (Jerry H. Chan) writes:
>I have seen the keyboard SHIFT LOCK get out out sync with the SHIFT LOCK
>light on; the way that I cure this is to press both SHIFT keys and releasing
>both simultaneously.  Give it a shot.

Actually, what must be happening is the keyboard controller misses one of
the "up" codes from one of the shift keys, and therefore it thinks the key
is still down.  The fix you suggest should work, but if it is happening often
enough to be annoying, there is probably something wrong.  I think that only
the keyboard controller (on system board) gets these codes normally, so a
failure would have to be firmware in the controller of hardware.  I see this
phenomenon, but not more than one per month frequency.

Gerry Gleason