vp/ix bug in ISC 2.0.2 Unix

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Tue Feb 13 10:16:08 AEST 1990

Here's one for the ISC support group, but if anyone knows how to cure this
problem, it would be appreciated.

BUG REPORT:  ISC Unix 2.0.2 vp/ix ver 1.1.1

Many programs that I run, including Lotus 1-2-3 V2.01, QuickBasic 4.0, 4.5
and compiled QB code, & a bowling program all tend to think that SHIFT is
being pressed, when it isn't.  Needless to say this sucks.  The only cure
that I know of so far is to press SHIFT, type a couple of characters, release
SHIFT and type a couple more.  Most of the time this resets the SHIFT flag,
but sometimes it comes on again right away.

Are there any fixes for this problem?  My cure is time consuming and a real
pain-in-the-ass and only lasts for a little while before it happens again.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\              cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown