wangtek retensioning problems

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Thu Feb 8 05:18:09 AEST 1990

In article <1467 at eutrc3.urc.tue.nl> wsinpdb at eutws1.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) writes:
>Amazing how much duplication of effort we see for such a simple problem.
>The real and simple solution is to use the tapecntl(1) command:
>	tapecntl [ -etrw ] [ -p arg ]

Yes it is amazing how much duplication! but the above is part of the
problem, not part of the solution.

It has been pointed out recently and at length that tapecntl(1) is not
part of many non-AT&T distributions.  All sorts of replacement programs
have been posted, I have saved several of them and more are appearing as
the question is re- and re-asked and -answered.

AT&T customers (I'm one), please remember that AT&T *themselves* do
value adding on the standard distribution before end user resale, just
as other vendors like Interactive do.  There are things we have that
others don't, and vice versa.

(I await with delight the first time someone answers an ISC user's query
with a contemptuous, "Just use FACE you idiot!"  :-) )