Multiple X users on a 386

Dick Brown dickb at sunriv.UUCP
Fri Feb 23 08:00:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb13.175556.5753 at aqdata.uucp>, sullivan at aqdata.uucp (Michael T. Sullivan) writes:
> So, you've got X-windows up on your 386 console and you're developing
> away.  What if you want to have another person running X on the same 386?
> What are the best, least expensive options?

SunRiver has a way to add another X user to your 386 relatively
inexpensively.  We offer an 800 X 600 color or grayscale
capable terminal that connects to the 386 via fiber optic cable (no
ethernet necessary).
What you need is:
1.  A LightAdapter, which is SunRiver's I/O board for either AT bus
    or microchannel; supports up to 4 terminals.
2.  A cable, available in pre-terminated lengths from 25 to 1000
    feet.
3.  A SunRiver terminal (FOS800).
4.  If you're using Interactive 386/ix, you already have SunRiver
    support in the package.  If you're using SCO Open Desktop,
    Developers can get Open Desktop drivers from SCO, or from
    SunRiver if not yet generally available from SCO.

SunRiver has special packages for Developers.  Basically, you can
purchase at about 50% off list up to a certain numerical limit.

Please give me a call if you need more information.

Dick Brown                           Email: ...uunet!sunriv!dickb
SunRiver Corporation                 Voice: (512) 835-8001
11500 Metric Blvd., Suite 150          FAX: (512) 835-8026
Austin, TX 78759