Looking for a Graphics Primitives Library for UNIX/386

Doug Luecke doug at athens.iex.com
Thu Feb 8 02:54:57 AEST 1990

HELP!  I am looking for a library of color graphics routines for UNIX/386.

We currently have an application that runs on a 386 under MS-DOS that we would
like to port to Interactive UNIX V.3.2/386.  This application has lots of
color graphics displays that are updated in real-time to indicate the status
of entities being monitored.  We are currently using the Essential Graphics
library from Essential Software under MS-DOS, and are looking for something
equivalent that runs under UNIX on the 386 (or 286, for that matter).

We basically need a library of graphic primitives such as dots, lines, arcs,
rectangles, text, polygons, area fills, and pie segments.  It would be even
nicer if it had some higher level routines such as bar, line, and pie charts,
but we could write those easily enough from the primitives.  We have talked
to several vendors of UNIX windowing packages and MS-DOS graphics libraries,
and they all either don't support graphics under UNIX or only support them
through X.  We don't want to port this one to X unless we have to.  (I know,
I know, but the app is already written and in the field!)  We've also looked
through some UNIX software catalogs, but to no avail.

Does anybody know of such a library that is commercially available?

Thanks,
doug
-----
Doug Luecke         |  {uunet,convex,attctc}!iex!doug
IEX Corp.           |  doug at iex.com
Plano, TX           |  voice:  (214) 612-2600