ESIX and X windows

Dave Burton daveb at i88.isc.com
Wed Jan 10 06:46:36 AEST 1990

In article <23044 at ut-emx.UUCP> jinkins at ut-emx.UUCP (Richard Jinkins) writes:
|I have a couple of questions concerning running the X window system
|under ESIX. Currently I am running ESIX 3.2 rev A with the rev B upgrade
|installed. This is running on a 20 Mhz 386 (AGI), 2.5 Mbytes of memory,
|and an Everex Evergraphics display adapter.

Get more RAM. I have 4MB, and X is untenable. It ``won't'' work with 2.5MB.

|	1) Currently the documentation says that X windows only runs under
|	   EGA, VGA, or the Everex Ultragraphics adapters. Somewhere I thought
|	   someone might have said that it might support a Hercules adapter.
|	   Does anyone know if this is true under rev C?

I don't think so. The docs only mention EGA as the lowest common demoninator.
Get a VGA.

|	2) Currently only the Logitech bus mouse is supported under rev B and
|	   only on ports 0 or 1. Does this change under rev C?

Rev C allows Logitech serial and bus mice. There is a problem with other
serial mice - at least the GVC Lite mouse doesn't work worth a flip.

|	3) If I were to purchase an ATI VGA Wonder 512K w/ mouse, would it
|	   work under rev B or rev C versions of X windows?

Probably; however, I don't know for sure.

|	4) Does anyone know what Everex is charging for the rev C upgrade?

I paid $99.00 to MicroMuse (508-460-0960) for B->C.
--
Dave Burton
uunet!ism780c!laidbak!daveb