ESIX and X windows

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.UUCP
Wed Jan 10 08:34:00 AEST 1990

In article <23044 at ut-emx.UUCP> jinkins at ut-emx.UUCP (Richard Jinkins) writes:
>	1) Currently the documentation says that X windows only runs under
>	   EGA, VGA, or the Everex Ultragraphics adapters. Somewhere I thought
>	   someone might have said that it might support a Hercules adapter.
>	   Does anyone know if this is true under rev C?

ESIX Rev C does NOT work with a Hercules adapter. So your only options
are EGA and VGA, With VGA going from 640x480 to 1024 x 768 depending
on which VGA card you use.

>	2) Currently only the Logitech bus mouse is supported under rev B and

As of Rev. C We support The Logitech Bus mouse, Logitech Serial mouse,
and the Microsoft Bus mouse. The Serial mouse is still only for tty00 and
tty01. The Bus mouse is supported at ant free interupt usable by the bus
card.

>	3) If I were to purchase an ATI VGA Wonder 512K w/ mouse, would it
>	   work under rev B or rev C versions of X windows?

We have not test the ATI card, but customers have said that both the
mouse port works and it displays at 640x480. I know we have planed to
work on a driver for this card but as of now we do not have the tech info
or a eval version for this card.

>	4) Does anyone know what Everex is charging for the rev C upgrade?

I don't know...... You can call (415) 683-ESIX for the price.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V A Division Everex Systems Inc.
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705