Need some Help with MegaPort for ISC

Willy Paine paine at fungus.dec.com
Thu Jan 4 14:23:01 AEST 1990

I am little bit confused on two different instructions and I am using
Unix Device Driver v1.7.1.  It looks simple without asking any interrupt
vector but I could not get ttyaA to work.   I did disable all com1 and
com2 to allow MegaPort to use com1 and com2.  I did put "N" in
/etc/conf/sdevice.d/asy.

After building kernel and rebooting, I am getting:
Megaport Board ICP=80EB000, MEM=80E8000, vec=0 not found [ECH]

I have Compaq using disk cache and inside instruction, it said to use
80E80000 instead of E80000.   I have 9 megB of memory.  I am using ISC
2.0.2 with Upgrade 5X.  I have MegaPort 24 ports.

I did try to add ttyaA in Devices and fix inittab to use uugetty and
gettydefs for Telebit.   But it does not work.  I want to rid of old com1
and com2 serial so I can use VP/ix and serial port mouse under com1 and
com2 using with MegaPort.   After turn on inittab, I am getting error
6a.

Can  you please help me with setting up MegaPort include building,
rebooting, inittab to use with uugetty, and uucp setup (Devices,
Dialers, etc)?

Thanks in advanced!

willy

p.s.  I am totally deaf and please do not drop voice phone for me
<grin>.   I am going to figure it out how to contact tech support.