John Ioannidis slip driver problem

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Wed Jan 10 12:23:27 AEST 1990

I've installed the slip driver from John Ioannidis on my Interactive
386/ix system, and it works well except that it consumes streams
resources until they are all gone.

To be more exact DBLK64's get consumed and never free'd.  The
DBLK64 inuse count in netstat -m just goes up and up as I use
the slip connection.  When the DBLK64's run out streams stop
working.

I believe that the mblk_t allocated by the allocb in the
slipwput routine is the one that is not being freed.

I made this determination by artificially increasing the allocation
size of the block, and the slip driver began to consume DBLK128's.

If anyone else has experienced this problem, and/or knows the fix
I'd appreciate any information.

I've already sent the author, ji at cs.columbia.edu, a message but
have not gotten any response.

Thanks in advanced.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291