ESIX and X windows

Clinton Jeffery cjeffery at cs.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 11 21:21:41 AEST 1990

>From an article by keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson):
[Regarding ESIX's X windows performance]
> I have 8 megs, in an Everex STEP/25, with a _fast_ SCSI drive and it's STILL
> untenable.
> If you look up the word "slow" in a dictionary you'll find a picture of an
> ESIX box running X-Windows.

Well, let's be fair, folks.  ESIX's VGA color driver is not usable, but the
monochrome driver is livable for many applications, even if its no blazing
speed demon.  I am sure they have improvements in the works, I only wish
their upgrade policy were more friendly.