uucico timeout is too short

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Jan 13 10:04:47 AEST 1990

This is probably a general comment for HDB uucico.  But my immediate
interest is in my 386/ix system.

The timeout for uucico to use when waiting for a response should
be configurable so that those of us who have modems that use extended
handshaking could give it enough time to connect.

Many times I sit here and listen to my modem get 95% of the way through
it's handshake just to be killed by the uucico timeout.  This happens
about 30 or 40 percent of the time and can be a real pain in the *ss.
45 seconds is just not enough sometimes.

No, I am not asking for help.
Yes, I am just complaining (but hoping that Interactive is out there
     listening).