Printer problems

Dan Rich drich at dialogic.uucp
Sat Jan 6 04:04:07 AEST 1990

  We are having problems with printers connected to our Unix machines
running Interactive's 386/ix v2.0.2.  Some of the time everything is
fine, but the rest of the time the printer is printing slowly.  It
almost looks as if the printer is connected to a very slow serial
line.  The printer will print a short burst of characters, then pause
before printing another burst of characters.  At times, the problem
will correct itself; at other times, it will print entire files this
way.

  I have been told that there is a bug in the parallel printer driver
that causes it to loose interrupts.  Is anyone familiar with this
problem?  If it is a bug, does anyone know of a fix for it?

Dan Rich                    | ARPA: drich%dialogic at uunet.uu.net
UNIX Systems Administrator  | UUCP: uunet!dialogic!drich
Dialogic Corporation        | - Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime, doubly so. -
(201) 334-1268 x213         |                           Douglas Adams