ATI VGA Wonder (was Re: Use a 386 unix as a home machine?).

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Wed Jan 3 02:16:25 AEST 1990

In article <3325 at kd4nc.UUCP> ke4zv at kd4nc.UUCP (Gary Coffman) writes:

>The problem with the ATI bus mouse is that it is not a Microsoft INPort Bus
>Mouse. ISC's driver does a signature check to make sure it is talking to an
>honest to GOD INPort chip. This fails of course with the ATI bus mouse. It
>took me two weeks of digging to find this nasty.

Does anyone have a patch to disable that signature check?  It would be nice
to have!

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]