uucico timeout is too short

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Mon Jan 15 01:13:25 AEST 1990

Yesterday, I posted this message about uucico timeout comming too early.

In article <1990Jan12.230447.2579 at virtech.uucp>, cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
> The timeout for uucico to use when waiting for a response should
> be configurable so that those of us who have modems that use extended
> handshaking could give it enough time to connect.

Since then at least three people had told me about the following solution:

add \d's to the dial string which impose a delay before the uucico timeout
starts.

Thanks to:

	uunet!nuchat!steve (Steve Nuchia)
	uunet!comcon!tim (Tim Brown)