Really stupid Q?

Tom Armistead toma at attctc.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Jan 4 07:18:23 AEST 1990

I have a "requirement" to provide hard facts regarding COBOL performance
under UNIX.  I am working for a client that is building a Unix system and
they only have COBOL programmers.  They will not accept my word on the
fact that C is a better performer and easier to use (in UNIX).  Has anyone
here ever seen any benchmarks between C and COBOL under UNIX or does anyone
know of PRINTED material that specifically states why COBOL is worse than
C on unix systems....

I feel like I'm talking to a tree in trying to convince these people to
use C for development.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.S. This is for a Store Automation project (~Point of Sale~).

Thanks,
Tom