Need some Help with MegaPort for ISC

John L. Grzesiak jlg at odicon.UUCP
Sat Jan 6 15:54:17 AEST 1990

In article <9001040323.AA27970 at decwrl.dec.com>, paine at fungus.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:

> After building kernel and rebooting, I am getting:
> Megaport Board ICP=80EB000, MEM=80E8000, vec=0 not found [ECH]
> 2.0.2 with Upgrade 5X.  I have MegaPort 24 ports.

Since your Compaq caches (I know , I know , It doesn't cache i/o accesses)
 memory access, you should place the board below the 1 meg boundary. This
 is due to the fact that the Megaport uses no i/o address. It's all a
 modified dual/port memory & poll driver. As I understand it the driver
 wakes up after a certain number of clock cycles and services the board.
 I have also tested the driver and find that the more it's loaded the
 shorter the sleep period. I haven't been able to overload this board yet.
 It also doesn't use interupt overhead or context switches for service,
 since the CPU is already in Kernel due to clock interupt. In all a real
 savings in overhead. If you can't get the Dialers code worked out, send
 e-mail and I'll send my Dialer entries (Including a Telebit entry).

	* John Grzesiak @ Omega Dynamics :  Specializing in UNIX/XENIX    *
	* Meriden Ct USA                 :    Consulting . . .            *
        * jlg at odicon or spock!odicon!jlg : gaboon!odicon!jlg              *