386 user-agent review and plea

John Boteler bote at csense.uucp
Fri Jul 13 05:55:20 AEST 1990

>From article <389 at denwa.uucp>, by jimmy at denwa.info.com (Jim Gottlieb):
>
> I am in desperate search of a decent user-friendly front-end to our
> Interactive 386 system.  The key word is 'decent'.  I have looked at
> or looked into the following packages:

Precisely what features do you need in a menu?

If so many DOS users can be pleased (easy, I admit!) why is it
so hard to please UNIX users? Do UNIX users really have so much
more work to do in businesses around the world than DOS users?

I thought a menu system should essentially provide a choice
of frequently executed programs to avoid the command line; can
this be difficult to provide?

--
John Boteler                         {uunet | ka3ovk}!media!csense!bote
NCN NudesLine: 703-241-BARE  --  VOICE only, Touch-Tone (TM) accessible