Monthly posting on USENET manual set

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Jul 3 21:46:56 AEST 1990

This is the monthly posting announcing the availability of printed manuals
for many of the software packages available via USENET.

For those of you whom would like to get printed documents for many of the
software packages available via USENET, I have put together a troff formatted
8 1/2 x 5 1/2 manual set containing all of the following:

Manual 1: The user's/programmer's reference Manual (416 pages)

 1. Introduction and permuted index (16 pages)

 2. The following manual pages: (400 pages)

    a2p.1         cpr.1         listalias.1   perl.1        rnmail.1
    afio.1        diffc.1       matches.1     pnews.1       rz.1
    answer.1      diskhog.1     mcc.1         postnews.1    s2p.1
    autoreply.1   dviselect.1   merge.1       printmail.1   sz.1
    btoa.1        elm.1         messages.1    rcs-intro.1   texi2roff.1
    bytesplit.1   fastmail.1    minirb.1      rcs.1         undump.1
    cdecl.1       filter.1      modem_break.1 rcsclean.1    vnews.1
    cfman.1       frm.1         mush.1        rcsdiff.1     waitfor.1
    checkalias.1  gcc.1         newalias.1    rcsfreeze.1   which.1
    checknews.1   grep.1        newmail.1     rcsmerge.1    wnewmail.1
    ci.1          ident.1       newsetup.1    readmsg.1     zcmp.1
    co.1          inews.1       newsgroups.1  readnews.1    zless.1
    compress.1    less.1        patch.1       rlog.1        zmore.1
    compressdir.1 lesskey.1     pcomm.1       rn.1

    ftw.3        getdate.3    scanargs.3   scandir.3

    news-b.5    news.5      newsrc.5    rcsfile.5

    mn.7

    dcheck.8      inews.8       nohog.8       recnews.8     sendnews.8
    expire-b.8    newsaux.8     pathalias.8   relaynews.8   uurec.8
    expire.8      newsbatch.8   pexpire-b.8   rnews.8
    fsanalyze.8   newsmail.8    pexpire.8     sendbatch.8

Manual 2: The user's/programmer's reference guide (596 pages)

 1. B News: Copyright, How To Read the Network News, Installation guide,
 	    How to use Usenet Effectively,  Usenet Messages standard
 2. C News: Installation, The Interface Between C News and the Outside
 	    World
 3. Elm:    User guide, Reference guide, Config guide, Alias Users guide,
 	    Filter System guide, Forms Mode Guide
 4. GNU:    gnu-cpp, gnu-cc, gnu-gdb, gnu-make gnu-tar
 5. Pcomm:  Pcomm Reference Manual
 6. RCS:    Design paper, Functions of RCS

This was all printed using eroff (a third party DWB package for 386/ix that
includes HPlaserjet and postscript support) on a Panasonic Laser Partner.
The final print was made on 60# paper which should hold up quite well under
heavy usage.

The cash discount price, including shipping, is as follows:

				Virginia	Continental	Hawii/Alaska
						   US		   Canada
Manual set			$42.60		$41.00		   $46.50
Manual set with binders		$55.64		$53.50		   $59.00

Please note that this pricing is only "cost-recovery" pricing.  We are not
making any profit on the deal.

Pricing outside of North America will be $35.50 for the manuals, $12.00
for the binders, plus applicable shipping/handling.  Send me a message
telling me where you are and I will respond with the costs.  Please note
that all payments must be in US dollars.

The cash price includes a 3 % discount, so the credit card pricing will be
3% higher. COD orders will also be accepted.  The COD charge is $5.00.

To order a copy:

	Send a check, money order, whatever to

		Virtual Technologies Inc.
		46030 Manekin Plaza, Suite 160
		Sterling VA 22170.

	Make sure you include the following:

		1. the check/money order made out to Virtual Technologies
		2. Your street address (UPS will not deliver to a pobox)
		3. Your uucp mail address in case I need to get in touch
		   with you.

For credit card orders:

	call: (703) 430-9247 and have the following information available:

		1. your credit card number
		2. expiration date
		3. Home phone number
		4. Street address and billing address
		5. Your uucp mail address.

	You can also snail-mail all that info to our address.  Email
	credit card orders will not be accepted.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170