ISC nfs crashes sun 4.03?

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Tue Jul 24 12:48:50 AEST 1990

The NFS on my unix i386 (2.0.2) seems to crash my sparc station from time
to time.

When the sparc (sun os 4.03) mounts a partition from the 386 box, once
in a while the console would complain "rfs: attempt to read from non-file".
And about every few weeks my entire screen would all of a sudden be filled
with messages like that, and the only way to stop it is to halt the
sparc with L1-A.

It doesnt happen when the 386 box mounts a sparc partition.

Has anybody seen the same prlblem? I wonder if it has been reported to ISC
or Sun, or if I should file a bug report at both companies. (I never did
find out what "attempt to read from non-file" actually means").

thanks,
bruce
deadhead at cup.portal.com