gnu emacs, epoch on iAPX 386

Axel Fischer fischer at utower.gopas.sub.org
Sun Jul 15 21:35:10 AEST 1990

carroll at m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>Sad to say, but Epoch won't run except under X-Windows, which you don't have
>installed, so I suspect that Epoch (at least) is crashing because it is
>doing some system call for X-windows, and failing. It's also possible that the
>Emacs binary you have was compiled with X-windows support, and is failing
>for the same reason.
No, emacs detects if you have set the DISPLAY envvar. If yes it tries
to start with connecting to the server, else it starts on any character
tty just like the emacs without X support.

-Axel
--
  fischer at utower.gopas.sub.org / fischer at db0tui6.BITNET / fischer at tmpmbx.UUCP

  Class of '93                    That is not dead, which can eternal lie
                                  Yet with strange aeons, even death may die.