Anyone running 4.3 BSD on a 386 yet?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at techdata.UUCP
Mon Jul 16 00:55:30 AEST 1990

According to Unix Today, Mt. Xinu will be releasing 2.6MSD (Mach Standrd
Distribution?) in a version for the iAPX386.  It will comprise the sources,
binaries, media, and 20 volumes of docs.  It will have the 4.3BSD interface
on top of the kernal.  (As the cognoscenti are aware, the Mach kernel doesn't
have to look like Unix if you don't want it to.  Me, I want it to.)

It will require a license from AT&T.  If I correctly recall--the magazine is
hiding somewhere just now--the license must be S3 or higher, V7 doesn't count.

This may get interesting, folks.  Oh yeah--for $3000, you only get internal
redistribution rights.  I guess it costs more to sell it.

Cheers,
-- jra