Yet more questions/problems with Interactive UNIX

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.uucp
Sat Jul 28 02:49:24 AEST 1990

In article <821 at digi.lonestar.org> Keith Cantrell writes:
 > More questions for you Interactive Unix Guru's out there:

Hmm, wonder which Interactive version you are using? 1.0.6, 2.0.2,
2.2, ???

 >   1) I have been totally unsuccessful so far being able to use my second
 > 	serial port.  I check on the card, and it is configured as COM2 but
 > 	when I try to start a getty on it, all I get back is:

You must configure the second port. (Assuming you are using 2.xx) Look
in /etc/conf/sdevice.d/asy and look in the manual for sdevice(4) for a
description of the fields.

 >   3) Is there tty driver that knows not to allow you to backspace past the
 > 	prompt.  Needless to say this is not real important, but it is real
 > 	annoying.

The easy solution is to live with it. If you can afford it, buy the
ksh. It knows better.

Ksh is available from a number of sources. In source form you can get
it from AT&T, but it costs big $$. Cheaper would be an executable
version. Try MKS ((519) 884-2251), I think they sell a version for
Interactive's Unix.

-larry