passwd -d, dialups and anonymous UUCP. ==> SCO-UNIX

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amull at Morgan.COM
Mon Jul 2 03:38:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun30.062117.15308 at fts1.uucp>, michael at fts1.uucp (Michael Richardson) writes:

>   From what I've heard, one CAN'T turn off the C2 stuff in SCO. Is this
> correct? It sounds too silly to be true.
>   Does the accounting stuff shut off if you run out of space on the
> disk containing the log files? Or does the system just stop?

You sure can turn off C2 in SCO UNIX, in fact, unless you have a big
disc, you _better_. (At least I think so - My system was writing
1 Mbyte of accounting per minute when I first installed UNIX. At that
time, I only had about 20 Mbytes of space above all the stuff I had
installed. I found the system started to feel pretty rocky with less
than 5% of the disc space free on the system, so even if it doesn't
lock upon you when you hit bottom, you won't generally want to have
this stuff turned on unless you have disk space to burn.)

You can disable C2 security across the board by using the Relax
option from the sysadmsh menu. This step puts your system into a
more usual UNIX security configuration, but it is not reversible.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt