386/ix archive site

Danny Quah dquah at athena.mit.edu
Tue Jul 17 23:18:06 AEST 1990

[Oops sorry Harri, I did get some responses but I was waiting for a
little more before I summarized for the net.]

        Here's the state of play:

Jim <jdeitch at crash.cts.com> is willing to be a uucp site.  He already
has a working gdb and gcc 1.37.1.

Mauro De Palma <mauro at atherton.com> writes:

  I have gcc 1.37.1, g++ 1.37.0, libg++ 1.37.0 all working with the
  INTERACTIVE assembler and linker. The binaries, include files,
  documentation, and modified sources are available for the asking.

  I am not quite ready to make my host a UUCP site thus I'd welcome
  someone else to get the GNU C/C++ from me who could.

     Mauro DePalma
     2923 Cohansey Drive
     San Jose, CA 95132

     voice (408) 259-4789
     fax   (408) 259-6935

Howard <howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org> reported:

I would be more than glad to make binaries
for the GNU code avalible for UUCP, BBS Download, SLIP, and if I can
actually get a dedicated Internet connection I will make FTP avalible to
all that desire.  I don't have the G++ or the G++ libraries running on
this system as of now, but if somebody want's to send me working binaries
for the GNU software for 386 UNIX, I will make it avalible for download.
At present I can support 1200 & 2400 transfers with MNP-5 or V.42, I also
support V.32/V.42 at 9600/19200, and last but not least Telebit PEP at
both 9600/19200 bps.  I do not, and hav no plans to support the HST standard.

While Ross Biro <bir7 at portia.stanford.edu>:

I've just completed compiling gdb, gas, g++, and libg++ for ESIX using the
coff/stab patches available from sequent.  The only problem I've noted so
far is that gdb often gets the line numbers wrong.  I've made the sources
and binaries available for anon ftp from 36.102.0.32.

        [Ross, do you think these will work on INTERACTIVE's? Would
you also be willing to be an anon ftp site for other things for 386
unix?]

        There were a few other responses but that were more tentative.
Anyone else willing?  Perhaps some of these individuals (and others)
can now get in touch with each other...

	While I have your attention, what are people using for a
screen saver?  Under DOS and MacOS, there were fancy fireworks. (And
on the 3b1, the screen-saver came built in.)  I have RTFM and looked
up the Bermuda Index to no avail.
--
--Danny (dquah at athena.mit.edu, dquah at dolphin.mit.edu)
Dept. of Economics MIT, E52-274b, Cambridge MA 02139