Yet more questions/problems with Interactive UNIX

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Jul 28 03:55:11 AEST 1990

In article <821 at digi.lonestar.org> kcantrel at digi.lonestar.org (Keith Cantrell) writes:

>  1) I have been totally unsuccessful so far being able to use my second
>     serial port.  I check on the card, and it is configured as COM2 but
>     when I try to start a getty on it, all I get back is:
>
>getty: cannot open "/dev/tty01" errno: 6

I will presume you are running 2.0.2 and tell you to read the FAQ posting
which answeres this question.  If you don't have a copy of the posting,
send me email & I will send you a copy.

>  2) In my system I have 4 meg of memory, but when I boot up I get the
>     following message:  (The numbers are correct, I am not exactly sure
>     what the verbiage said)
>
>Real memory 3801088

What you have is 3MB + 640k which should equal 3801088.

The stuff in 640K-1MB is for devices (like you video card).

>  3) Is there tty driver that knows not to allow you to backspace past the
>     prompt.  Needless to say this is not real important, but it is real
>     annoying.

Not that I know of.

>P.S. The response to my questions so far has been extremely low, are there
>     really not that many people out there with Interactive UNIX?  If you
>     know the answer to one of the questions, PLEASE don't think someone
>     else will answer it, because nobody is!

There are lots of people out here with ISC, SCO, ESIX and even a few intel
systems.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170