SCO-ISC Serial Numbers

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at mtndew.UUCP
Fri Jul 20 00:40:52 AEST 1990

In article <8107 at scorn.sco.COM>, rogerk at sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) writes:
> The SCO serial number/activation key is designed to do just that - help
> find software copies. It sure doesn't prevent copying, but when
> someone does copy, they have to do it with the same serial number
> every time.

The alternative is to break the serialization scheme and give
away copies all with serial number zero.  That way it can't be
traced back to you unless you leave fingerprints on the disk :-)

     Steve

P.S. - No, I've not done this with the SCO package nor am I asking how to

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / Software Consultant / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561  / friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US  / {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

Anybody know if Kelly Preston is single and available?