Help with SCO UNIX and GNU CC needed.

Piercarlo Grandi pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk
Sat Jul 21 08:15:46 AEST 1990

In article <90200.091058UH2 at psuvm.psu.edu> UH2 at psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:

   1.  Does Gnu C run well on a 16MB SCO Unix system?  We've got plenty of
       disk.  I've never installed it, and we don't have a C compiler at
       all now.  Would someone send me an installed Gnu C for some number of
       $$$?

There are a number of FTP sites for System V/386 binaries, including gcc
and g++. Just look a few articles back.

   2.  Is there a similar Freely distributable Fortran?  If not, what Fortran
       do SCO users like.

You can use the freely available fortran to c (f2c) translator. You find
it on research.att.com. It is pretty good, and comes with full libraries.
Piercarlo "Peter" Grandi           | ARPA: pcg%cs.aber.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Dept of CS, UCW Aberystwyth        | UUCP: ...!mcsun!ukc!aber-cs!pcg
Penglais, Aberystwyth SY23 3BZ, UK | INET: pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk