Unix / Dos partition problem in ISC 2.0.2

Darryl Richman darryl at ism780c.isc.com
Thu Jul 12 03:08:46 AEST 1990

In article <532 at dptechno.UUCP> dave at dptechno.uucp (Dave Lee) writes:
"Help! I'm having problems getting a unix and dos partition to coexist on
"my second hard drive.  I setup my second drive with sysadm/addharddisk.
"I partitioned as follows:
"	Drive 68M RLL  -- fdisk info
"Partition	type	start	end	length
"-----------------------------------------------
"1		unix	1	530	530
"2		dos	531	1022	492
"
"Mounted a /users file system on the 1st partition, coppied some files,
"and unmounted /users. Booted 4.0 dos stand alone and formated the dos partition.
"Rebooted unix, ran vpix with the following line in vpix.cnf
"
"D	/dev/dsk/1p0

This is your problem.  1p0 is the *entire* second disk.  You probably want
to use 1p2.

		--Darryl Richman
--
Copyright (c) 1990 Darryl Richman    The views expressed are the author's alone
darryl at ism780c.isc.com 		      INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.-A Kodak Company