< 3 SCSI Drives on ISC 2.02 (problem) >

Robert Rothe rot at unlisys.UUCP
Fri Jul 13 07:26:45 AEST 1990

hello there.
we added a third scsi disk to our system and a strange behavior occured.
we used the following components under isc 2.02 :

adaptec 1542B
WREN V (runner) as drive 00
Quantum P-105 S as drive 01
WREN V (runner) as drive 02
33 MHz motherboard (hauppauge), 64k cache, 8 MB.

when adding the second Wrendrive as drive 02 for a moment everything
went fine. but then forcing heavy I/O on the drives via a "cpio -p" from
drive 01 (quantum) to drive 02 (drive 01 has been the spooldisk ;-) after
some copy (~20 MB) the system stops, without any errormessage, It Just Hangs !
it hasn't been the inode bug cause this one has been fixed, and the same
happend when just creating one big archive one the disk02. so when i umounted
the disk02 and created the archive on disk00 everything was ok, then umounting
disk01 and mounting disk02 and unpacking the archive on disk02 was no problem.

so now i ask myself if interactive is not able to handle three
scsidrives with heavy io ? or if it's the adaptec (i doubt !).

	robert.

--
Unlisys,  Hohenzollerndamm 7, 1000 Berlin 31     ---     Robert Rothe
tmpmbx!unlisys!rot,            rot at unlisys,           030 / 853 28 72