copy protection, authorization

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Tue Jul 17 01:05:33 AEST 1990

In article <866 at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca> sl at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) writes:
>	[ earlier discussions of Interactive procedures ]
>This is the same scheme that SCO uses.
>
>I've never noticed a big problem remembering the numbers. Almost every set
>of SCO disks I've ever seen has the serial number and activation key written
>on the label :-) This is a customer added option of course.

	The serial number and activation keys do not appear on our Xenix/386
	and Open Desktop packages. The customer must have added them.

	Some might be interested in the installation disk sequence associated
	with Xenix/386 and the ODT-OS/ODT-View packages. Here's how it went
	for us (5-1/4" media):

	SCO Xenix 2.3 installation sequence:
       		BOOT N1 [serialization] B1 B2 X1 X2 X3 X4
       		N1 N2 N3 [serialization]

	SCO UNIX 3.2 / Windows installation sequence:
        	N1 N2 N1 MASTER N3 N4 N5 [serialization] P1 P2 P3 P4
        	N1 N2 N3 P5 P6 P7 P8 P9 P10
        	N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 P31 P32 P33 P34 P35 P36 P37